domingo, 1 de enero de 2023

WE WERE A KING ONCE




We were a king once

Can we be king twice?


We were bathing in milk
Played for diamonds and silk
Once
But we want it twice

My show was a magnet for the crowd
No one could resist Volpe’s crown
Now the little ones
Now the married ones

Prefer Garbo, Gardel, Valentino
La voce di Caruso
Jazz on the radio

You were the kings once
Mon dieu, was it nice

You were knights of the night
Full of glory and might
Once
So let’s get it twice

We need an ace, a prince, a hero
With no fear, no tears, no shame
Who can take us around il mondo
Back to success and fame

Believe in you
Believe in me
Believe in you

We were a king once
We can be king twice

We lit big fat downhills
With hundred dollar bills
Once
Can we do it twice?

From Monte Carlo to Paris
In my silver Bugatti

We need an actor
You need not abhor

Listen to me
Mes amis
My bambini
I am the Paganini
Believe it, believe in me

Believe in you
(You were the kings once)
Believe in me

[Believe in me
]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario