domingo, 23 de abril de 2023

SOME SNIPPETS OF MANGA SHAKESPEARE - OTHELLO


 As I promised, the snippets of Ryuta Osada's Othello (grabbed in Norway in my teens) for Shakespeare Day this year!

If she paid as much lip service to me as she does to you...



Courtesy my @$$! There was something randier behind that...

We must take him out of the picture! Now he has a really short fuse when he's drunk...




For maybe my wife had an affair...


The thought dissolves my insides like arsenic... why?






Good Lieutenant, it's not 10 pm yet and I have a quarter gallon with our names on it.... whaddya say?




To the point of confusing left and right. Can he walk in a straight line?





Iago lies: "Always like this before he goes to sleep."


Now let the fight begin!

He is clearly berserk

Roderigo said Cassio was drunk, and this hullaballoo started.

LIEUTENANT, HOLD!!! You will be shamed forever!



It hurts, but the punishment has to come: "Cassio, I love thee, but nevermore be officer of mine."

"Are you hurt, Lieutenant?"
"Past all surgery!"



I would rather be despised than deceive so good a commander!

"Now listen: our General's wife is now the General. She'll help you to fit into your place again!"
"You advise me well!"

Goodnight, honest Iago!


Who says I play the villain? (This is the moment when he sings his Creed in Verdi's opera!)






Good morrow, Lieutenant!







...........................................................................................................................


The assassination attempt on Lieutenant Cassio




The leg wound! How long will he be conscious?






He's fainting... maybe they'll leave him for dead?


....................................................................
The truth revealed












Emilia dies in music, with Desdemona's last tune of the Green Willow




Now Cassio rules and is forgiven and Othello's successor!




Thar Joker-like face of Iago's contrasting with Othello's and Desdemona's serenity in death. THE END.



 Hope you liked Osada-sensei's take on the story.... If I can find anything more from the Manga Classics version, I will keep you informed!































































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario