viernes, 29 de marzo de 2019

ÉCHANSON - AERWIN VOCALOID FILK

All right - this is a Cendrillon filk -- even though, if it's Aerwin, the title just has to be Échanson! -- A few enlightenments (never better said):
This is an eighteenth-century Westeros AU - the setting is the Red Keep we all know, but everything is baroque-rococo (interiors, landscaping, fashion): Aerys is still the crown prince, Tywin is still a cupbearer at court - just arrived in the capital fresh from the Westerlands. I thought of a setting more or less like Tywin being forced into an Anckarström role by conspirators in order to reinstate the Lannister family (plus, young Aerys does remind me of Gustavus III)... Only that, instead of a gun, Tywin has a phial of a blue almond-scented liquid that a certain Dornishwoman (Oberyn's and his siblings' mum - if anyone wonders - since her name is not given in canon, I have the headcanon that it's Nymeria!) amongst the conspirators has entrusted him to. However, when you fall in love or at least bromance with your victim, there are always sacrifices to make...
So it's a duet: the lines in the Lannister colours are Tywin's, those in the Targaryen colours are sung by His Grace, and those in usual black and white are sung by both of them at unison... 

... (ticking)


ÉCHANSON
*an aerwin tale*


After waking from a dream, where we danced all night it seemed,
knowing that the spell will break at midnight's chime...
why do you lead me away, showing to the door the way?
I storm down the flight of stairs, descend steps three by three...

That cabin below deck must have been ice-cold...
Dance in these clothes within this ballroom tonight,
and be yourself by the dawn!!

In the crowd, I follow instructions:
"Find a young man with long platinum hair..."
I ready my phial at hand, brace myself to wrest
everything that he owns from him...

Royal ballrooms where orphans gather,
each of their smiles concealed, or gone, or fake,
will ne'er know sincere love, and never the answers hold,
for they will not help you know the truth!

... (csárdás + sound of footsteps to the rhythm)

The powdered wig... that the cupbearer wore...
and left upon the stairs... burns bright in greenish flames...

Right now I must take my leave - I am trembling like a leaf...
Every now and then you glance to check the time...
Thus, without my wig, I dance - to confess I've not a chance...
I seize your neck and tighten my grasp around your throat...

My lips dry up your tears with soothing kisses...
Ah-ah... the shiver that I felt deep inside 
course down my spine... was too much!!

Please don't let the bells peal for midnight!
I find that before you I have to bow so low...
Although I resisted the urge, ah, my right hand slips,
seals your destiny forever...

You who have the air of a lordling,
wearing the scent of almonds on your eyes...
My frozen façade was no match 'gainst your inner fire,
I felt your gaze shattering the ice...

... (minuet, strained breathing)

I feel your warmth upon my skin as we lie breathing out;
everything feels like a dream fading...

Silvered by the light of the full moon, your fair hair makes a veil;
your smile shines like the brightest stars...

... (strained breathing + pounding heartbeats, clanking bayonets)

My tailcoat is torn at the waist height,
everyone's feet will tread on my cravat...
Sparks flame between eyes that lock, green with amethyst,
for what I have just done to you...

Thus, two lonely souls bind together,
wildfires kindled by death's bitter draught;
Yet, if I am not the one who will stop your tears,
there is no satisfaction on my own...

Stop the time at this very instant;
I am completely drawn into you...
I wish I could store away this sound for evermore,
as I count your every heartbeat...

Overwhelmed by rushing emotions,
left to drown within this spreading warmth...
From this moment on, my body will move no more...
Just like in a fairytale!!


And here are some cues to help you visualize:
  • Steffon and Cassana may be among the guests; ditto Olenna.
  • At "three by three," Tywin drops his powdered wig (part of the livery) as he descends the stairs in haste. One of the plotters burns the wig with wildfire to create a distraction for the kingsguards.
  • At "seals your destiny forever" - Tywin has already laced Aerys' drink (right hand slipped), and the prince has already downed at least three sips or a deep draught, whatever you prefer.
  • The effect kicks in for real, with respiratory symptoms, at the second interlude, after "shattering the ice." At this point, Tywin loosens Aerys' coat and waistcoat and takes off his cravat to help him breathe, cradling the poisoned royal...
  • When Tywin says that his tailcoat is torn at the waist height - the kingsguards on duty came to him with drawn bayonets as he ran away (cradling a dying Aerys), and the bayonets cut off the coattails of his gold-brocaded servant's livery; he also casts off his cravat.
  • The ending is open... maybe Aerys survives and Tywin is pardoned, maybe one dies in a canopy bed and the other on a chopping block before the Great Sept. I leave it to you, dear readers.





1 comentario: