domingo, 24 de mayo de 2015

THE THOUSANDTH POST SURPRISE

So this post makes one thousand (hoorray!)
And, since I said there would be a surprise in this post, voilà! I will talk about my visual novels and the virtual boyfriends I have got.

First things first. You readers may ask: What is a visual novel?
Well, it is a genre somewhere in between literature and e-game. Like a hybrid between e-book and video game or computer game. Most visual novels are centered on romance. My favourites are otome (maiden) games, in which you have to romance a dashing male character while solving mysteries, getting into scrapes... Most of them take place in fantasy worlds or in the past, so the period costumes are another reason why I am hooked on them.
So far, I could only dream of otome games, which were non-existent here in backwater Spain until the brand Shall we date? made itself known in Western cyberspace, and I downloaded two of its visual novels...
My Fairy Tales, which is basically with male versions of fairytale princesses, and Wizardess Heart, set in a boarding sorcery school like Hogwarts but set in a Victorian fantasy world and without the house system (I wish Wizardess Heart had got the house system!)
Here are my crushes from these novels:


Sean White, from My Fairy Tales:
This is, basically, a male Snow White.
A dethroned prince who fled his jealous stepfather's court and found shelter in the deep dark woods.
He is very innocent, kind, and generous, especially to the woodland animals and to the two littlepeople he lives with, but he is insecure of whether he will make a good ruler.
Currently, he is perfectly contented with his life, but his past and his stepfather the Wicked King may catch up with him...





Wicked King Aster: usurper, poisoner, and the antagonist of this story.
The spirit in the magic mirror on the wall...
The littlepeople, Ruben and Toto.



Randy March, from Wizardess Heart:
An aloof, misunderstood eccentric who still acts like a child, in spite of being in his late teens. Loves cute things, bright colours, and sweets. His experiments are always surprising and bring unexpected results! I'd like to think of him as a younger M. Gustave (from The GBH) or a male Luna Lovegood. Which means he is kindred spirits with me.




With Prefect Klaus, AKA the Kaiser.



With his roommate Azusa Kuze.



















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario