lunes, 4 de mayo de 2015

MORE SHUTLIGHT COMING UP

This week's episode of Go Princess Precure may be filler, but it contained a little more Shutlight (YEAH!), another mention of the so far unseen Wataru Kaido (hope we get to see his face soon...), and the reveal, with Family Day and relatives' visits to Noble Academy, that Kirara may be the only only child among the Cures (one has got a big bro [Wataru Kaido] and the other has a little sis [Momoka Haruno]). In DokiDoki, my so far favourite Pretty Cure season, all of the main six were only children (if you don't consider Aguri and Regina, the light and darkness of the same person, to be "twin sisters" in a certain way), like me.

The leading cast of DokiDoki Precure. All of them (or nearly all of them, if you
see Regina [blond] and Aguri [auburn] as sisters), are only children, like me.

What's more, the Kaidos (toffs) and Stella Amanogawa (a top model) were too busy to attend the event, but at least the Harunos (who make and sell Japanese sweets) did. Which brought a Twilight-empowered Shut three victims, two adults and a child, at one fell swoop (Things get more and more complicated around here...):

Momoka Haruno, aged six, is the youngest victim so far.
Mr. Nishikido, the luthier, is still the oldest victim.
Mr. and Mrs. Haruno are the second and third adult victims.




We also got some backstory à la Game of Thrones (spoken with words, no flashback)
from Minami and a cute moment from Kirara:

Kirara cheers up Momoka, who feels overlooked and betrayed by her older sister
(Ruka had been too busy with her studies to pay attention to her).
And seeing some of Kirara's background gave us reasons why she is so awesome and so badass:
KIRARA: You know, I don't see my mum too often.
She's a supermodel that travels around the world.
So she couldn't come today.
MOMOKA: Don't you feel lonely?
KIRARA: Of course I do. She's family. 
But that's my mum's dream.
I don't want to get in her way.
(Changing look from concerned to excited.)
You could say I'm cheering her on.

This seems to confirm my headcanon that Kirara is an only child like me.
Only canon will tell if I am right.


Minami Kaido's flashback narrative:
"When my brother enrolled into Noble Academy, it really hurt, too. I felt so lonely.
But I couldn't really express my feelings. I just kept it inside my heart.
But that's not because I hated him."
Loved to see another of Minami's flaws and another event from her childhood...
and this makes the third mention of Wataru in the series!

Besides, none of the student council's families appeared in this episode:


 
Which makes me wonder if we'd see anything more about the past or backstory
of Ayaka, Seira, Shun, or Naoto.
So far, we only know that Seira and Minami are childhood friends.

But what takes the episode is MORE TWILIGHT, aside from the confirmation that 
Shutlight (though one-sided) is canon!

Shut gets another orgasm... power-up from Twilight's Dark Dress-Up Key.

AT DYSPEAR'S COURT...
SHUT: Such sparkling beauty, such an amazing tune...
Miss Twilight! I only have one word to describe you!
Beautiful!
TWILIGHT (coldly as always): Of course.
Only someone of my beauty can play such a fabulous melody.
Because I was born as a princess.
SHUT: As expected of Miss Twilight! (Gets excited.)
You're the only one fitting to be a princess!
TWILIGHT (her Key sense is tingling): I'm going out.
SHUT (surprised): Miss Twilight! Where are you going?
I shall go with you. (He makes haste and runs up to her.)

(Twilight holds her Key, which glows purple, in her hand, 
and looks at it, as if the Key were "my precious...")
TWILIGHT: The Key is yearning for despair.
So what? Is Twilight's Key powered by despair? Is desperation the only source of its power?
My headcanon states that it is so.





SHUT (to the Princess Cures): I will definitely defeat you all today, for Miss Twilight!
Ah... the "knight and lady" trope done right... which adds more flavour to Shutlight shipping
(If they kill Shut, will his last word be "Twilight"?
 And how will the Princess of Despair feel then?)!

TWILIGHT: I can feel Cure Flora's intense feelings from her heart.


POST-DEFEAT...
SHUT: I'm not finished yet...
TWILIGHT: That's enough. Shut, you have lost. Retreat.
SHUT: Miss Twilight!
SHUT: But...
TWILIGHT: I hate those who are ugly and embarrass themselves.
(Sternly.) Nothing is more embarrassing than someone who does not admit defeat.
SHUT (sighs) Yes.
(Twilight turns her attention towards the Princess Cures.)
TWILIGHT: How disappointing. (She turns her gaze away and prepares to return home.)
SHUT (hastening after Twilight): Oh! Wait for me!

Confirmed: Shutlight is canon. Shut loves Twilight, she looks down on him. Looks like this arc will end with Shut dying for Twilight (just a prediction)...


There has been a typical breakup/makeup plot (between the Haruno sisters) in this episode.
However, what drew me the most was the appearance of Twilight and a little more backstory on the Kaidos (Minami and Wataru).

Princess Twilight continues to be badass even after a loss. She told off Shut how she despises ugly things who can’t accept defeat.
 That would irk the heck out of me me to see her waver this soon into the series. I like Twilight as a villain, so regardless of whether or not she is in store to jump ships and undergo a redemption phase, I hope it won’t happen too soon.

Oh that note, I wanted to talk a bit about Shut:
So here we have the Princess Precures gradually growing stronger each episode. They have defeated Close, who is no longer part of the world (for now). Now we have Twilight step in, and since then Shut has been by her side getting a power boost from her, yet even that isn’t enough to defeat them. With that kind of scenario in place, it puts Shut in a difficult position because it feels as if they have rendered him to be useless on his own. That means if he were to go after the Precure without any assistance or buff up in advance, it doesn’t make him much of a threat to the girls nor the audience.
Lock on the other hand, is the only one who we have seen (besides Twilight) challenge the girls. But even so, that was before they obtained the Princess Rods. We can only hope Lock was taking it really easy during that encounter and is more powerful when he’s in it to win it. That being said, with how the past few episodes have been developing, I am curious to see what they plan to do with our set of villains in this series. If my suspicions of there being more corrupted Dress-Up Keys or a darker counterpart of the keys, there is a chance some more new powerful characters will enter the scene later on into the series. It is needless to say it is still very early on, but it is precisely because of the rapid development which makes me wonder what is in store for the future of our villains.


In next episode, aside from seeing Twilight once more, we will see our favourite spaniel and cockatoo becoming humans... What could happen?

Puff as a cheerful little girl


Aroma as a nervous valet





It will be another pet-centric episode, and Lock will be the Dysdark of the Week... How do you think a young boy like Lock will react when empowered by Twilight???
(I wonder!)


  • Episode 16, within a fortnight, will center on Minami's greatest treasure (Will Wataru and/or Mr. Kaido appear? And what about the never-spoken-of Mrs. Kaido? I have got the headcanon that she is deceased... Is Minami's treasure, then, as I presume, a memento from her late mother?)...
  • Episode 17 will be Kirara-centric and star my favourite teen model in the runway of her life!!! How badass will she get?? Which issues will she face? Will her mum Stella appear? And/or her rival Ranko?
  • Episode 18 will maybe be the arc finale and involve the death of Shut and/or the conversion of Twilight to the good side (and will these two events be related to each other)?

But first, next week we will see a pet-centric episode 15 and Lock on Twilight Power!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario