sábado, 23 de mayo de 2015

A STELLAR MUM FOR KIRARA

Even international celebs love their children, as seen when, this weekend, Stella Amanogawa employed a gap in her schedule of travels and runways to visit her daughter, since the Kaiser had arranged for a runway in nearby Yumegahama.


Stella and Kirara in earlier days.





The attire both models will wear in the events. 
Notice the Kaiser and his "daughter" Choupette in the corner.

Both hot and cool, always with a smile on her face...
So that is where Kirara got her good looks, her overconfidence, and her badassery from... 
Those shades make Stella appear even more stellar!



However, Stella still loves her daughter as if she were a child, which greatly embarrasses Kirara:


STELLA: Long time no see!!! How have you been?
KIRARA: Fine, mum... You came to check the studio?
STELLA: I sure did!!!
KIRARA: Meet my friends. (She introduces the rest of the team)
STELLA: Friends!!?? Have you made friends??!!
KIRARA (nods)
STELLA (to the others, elated, with sparkling eyes): I'm so glad to meet you! Thanks for taking care of my daughter!!
KIRARA: They're with me to check the studio. They've got invites to tomorrow's show as well.
STELLA: I see... Well, hope you enjoy it!

As a fashion pro, Stella is cool and composed...
but, as a private person, she is cheerful, scatterbrained, and wears her heart upon her sleeve!
And I <3 how elated she was upon learning that her daughter had made friends!!
The typical reaction of a bestie mum like mine...


Before the show, Stella had a warm, no, rather hot moment with the Kaiser... (Shipping time?)
They embraced passionately, like lovers, and Lagerfeld went "Awww! Stella!!!
"I'm counting on you for le show de demain, my Aphrodite!!!"
Is she then more than the Kaiser's muse?
In stepped Kirara, after the cooing...
KIRARA: I'm Kirara Amanogawa!
LAGERFELD (a little cooler, just reaching out his hand and shaking it): Aww! Princesse des étoiles!
KIRARA (shaking hands): I'm happy to be part of this.
LAGERFELD: I expect so much from you!
KIRARA: Thanks.
STELLA: Can I try the runway out?
Kirara and Stella trying out the runway.
STELLA: It's nice! (She walks along the runway, attracting all the attention of the staff and making them smile. Then, at the end of the runway, she does some sexy poses for the Kaiser and for Kirara's friends.)
LAGERFELD (coolly): Bon: C'est ma Stella.


Kirara is shocked:
The studio's atmosphere changed in an instant.
That's the power of a top model like Stella.
That's who I have to walk alongside.

A slightly incensed Kirara walks along the runway, mustering up all of her failing self-confidence.
At the end of the runway, she tries to strike her mother's sexy poses, yet reels and trips, nearly falling.

When mother and daughter share the lead role in the runway, Kirara thinks that she is in the shade of Stella. A mistake that leads to a painful argument...
"I'm totally nervous..." For once, Kirara flinches.
Could she ever be left in the shade of Stella?
I love the fact that her self-confidence wavers, making Kirara less of a Mary Sue and more of a humanly flawed character...



"Come and stay the night with us!", Stella invites Kirara's friends. "I want to know how Kirara's been at school!"
MINAMI: But you two have got such an important show tomorrow...
KIRARA: Yeah, I still need to...
STELLA: Don't be like that! It's quicker to stay at our place than go all the way back to the dorms, anyway.
STELLA: Yeah, but...
MINAMI: We haven't received permission to stay outside past curfew...
In response, Stella takes out a yellow mobile phone from her handbag and gives Noble Academy a call.
STELLA (on the phone, cheerfully): Hey... Mrs. Shirogane? It's You-Know-Who! I know, it's been ages! Yeah, yeah, totally. So just... Yeah! Okay! (phone off) (winks an eye and gives thumbs up, still cheerful) Permission granted! Okay! Now let's all go shopping for dinner! Let's go!!!
KIRARA: Wait, mum! Geez!
(At the local marketplace, out on the streets of Yumegahama)
KIRARA: I thought we were going to a fancy supermarket...
STELLA: I grew up in this downtown 'hood. This marketplace feels closer to home for me. (Pointing to a photo booth, still cheerful): Let's all take a picture in there!
KIRARA (discontented): Huh?
MINAMI: I've never been in one of those...

After the photos, Kirara eyed her own pictures, full of doubts:
KIRARA: "That's one forced smile. What will I do about tomorrow?" (She is startled when Stella pinches her cheeks.)

KIRARA (irritated): Hey, mum!
(Stella laughs at her heart's content)
STELLA: C'mon! Everyone likes funny faces!
(Kirara is irritated, even more at seeing her mother laughing.)




At Kirara's place in downtown Yumegahama. The first time in the series they sleep outside Noble Academy, and also a glimpse into the celeb lives of the Amanogawas...


"I'm fourteen, Mum! And I've got a life of my own!"


STELLA: 'Scuse me! Let me tidy up!


Stella opens a cupboard and clutter rains upon her. Yet this doesn't faze her a bit.
KIRARA: Mum! Someone's been slacking on her chores!
STELLA (mimicking Kirara's voice): Yeah, 'cause it's total Dullsville!
KIRARA (sighs): Okay, fine, I'll clean up for you. You make dinner!
STELLA (confidently): Yes, ma'am!

I can see Kirara is making the same rants about order that my own mum gives me! 
The same thing that happens at our place, except that here the roles are reversed...

Soon, Stella is making a typically Japanese meat stew for supper.


HARUKA: What??? Kirara, your dad is the famous actor, Ken Takamagahara???
MINAMI: Goodness! I heard he's even starred in Hollywood films.
STELLA: Yup! He's filming in Brazil right now.
PUFF: Wow, you're a family of celebrities!

Kirara's dad and Stella's ex-husband Ken, 
an internationally famous film actor (looks rather hot, doesn't he?)
As good-looking and cool as Stella. At last you can see why Kirara is dark-haired now...
It's also notable that his surname is different from that of his wife and daughter. In Japan, when a couple divorces, the wife regains her maiden name and the children get the surname of the parent who has their custody.
I am an only child myself, and my parents divorced for being both too busy and no longer loving each other when I was a little child.
Which makes Kirara score higher on my hit list: for sharing my family structure: an only child of divorcés.

Kirara finishes her supper first, then takes leave of the others to do the dishes...
KIRARA: Sorry! Make yourselves at home!
STELLA (whispers): One more push...

Kirara then locks herself in her room to watch recordings of her earlier shows and practise her poses to the music:
I know I can do this. It's just a runway like any other. 
Unexpectedly, in storms Stella, followed by Kirara's friends.
STELLA (cheerfully): Pardon us!!!
KIRARA (scared): Uh-uh... Madam... Stella...

STELLA: Kirara, why don't we all look at old photos? (She's got a yellow album in her right hand.) I've got your newborn baby pictures! You looked like a li'l chimp back then!
(Kirara frowns.)
KIRARA (angry): Curses! Be serious for once!!! Why have you been trying to distract me so much today? For which reason?! Tomorrow is the biggest show I've ever been in!! I'm finally on a global stage, broadcast all over the world!! I can't fail! I need to focus! Mum! Don't you get that?
STELLA: Not a bit. (Pause) After all, I'm a natural!
Stella smiles. Kirara frowns, blushes, and restrains her tears.
KIRARA (enraged): Go away!!! (She slams the door behind a leaving Stella, surprising her.)
STELLA (from the corridor): Huh? Kirara, dear?
KIRARA: Yeah, yeah. I get it! You're just so perfect!!!
Trust me, you're always shoving it in my face!
But did you really need to spell it out? You've never had an ounce of tact! The first time I showed you an outfit I coordinated all by myself...


STELLA (in flashback): You look pretty lame.
Kirara, as a child, was shocked.
KIRARA: That hurt! Did you have to get into Supermodel Mode then? And then, at the Arts Festival in primary school...
Kirara keeps on ranting about her mum until she asks her friends what they think of her. Stella is still eavesdropping behind the door. With a smile on her face, the stunning blonde moonwalks along the corridor.








Meanwhile, among the Dysdarks...

Hope Kingdom, the same night.
Twilight plays her mournful leitmotif on her violin, as Shut and Lock kneel before her.
The Black Key tingles and glows purple, causing Twilight to open her eyes and stop playing.
Then, she quickly saunters off the ledge, landing gracefully and taking the Black Key as she opens her clenched fist:
TWILIGHT: The Black Key...
LOCK: If you desire despair, then I shall...
SHUT (interrupting): Nay, Princess Twilight, please allow me.
TWILIGHT (coolly): Well, someone got some confidence out of nowhere.


SHUT (smiling confidently): There's naught but one place certain to draw strong dreams as well as the Princess Precures. (He shows Twilight the latest fashion magazine)

The next day is THE BIG DAY, yet Kirara is sulking and over-stressed:
I spent the whole time last night complaining to my friends. So I wound up not getting any practice.
(Steeling herself): Oh, well! Worrying won't do much good at this point.
(While getting dressed for the runway): I can't turn into Stella overnight, so I'll just have to do things my own way!
LAGERFELD: Kirara? Did you sleep well?
KIRARA (regaining her confidence): Yes! Thanks for asking.
LAGERFELD: Your smile today is much livelier than yesterday's.
KIRARA: Huh?
LAGERFELD (patting her on the shoulder): Merde. You'll do great.
Kirara looks at Stella, all ready for the runway, and asks herself:
Did mum actually... 

When Shut and Twilight walk together along the runway (Yeah! Shutlight moment!),
the audience is startled.
AUDIENCE: Did they start?
Is she a model?
She's like a princess!
TWILIGHT: Not "like." I am a real princess.

STELLA (coming up from behind): Hey, what are you two doing here?
SHUT (turning around): I've found her!
KIRARA (getting on the runway): It's them!


Shut gets to be by Twilight's side today!!!
Hooray for Shutlight!!!
Yet bad news for Kirara and Stella...


Tragically, Stella fell victim to Shut, who used her to create not one, but two Desporgs...


(Twilight inserts the Black Key into Shut's heart-lock once more, giving him another orgasm-like power surge.)
KIRARA: Mum!
SHUT: Now show me your dream!!!

"I want Kirara and I to walk on the same runway!"

SHUT YOUR DREAM!!!

The greatest shock I received from this show since I saw Close's death.


Stella's love for Kirara appears to be so strong that not a single Desporg springs from it, but two:
(Stella Amanogawa is the seventh adult victim! The seventh!)

TWILIGHT: The stronger the dream, the deeper the despair. How fitting for a Precure's parent.

Kirara is shocked and remembers all that Stella has done. And, finally, she understands: 
Mum... you really were helping... Everything you did was to relieve the stress I put on myself...
(Determined) Just wait, mum! This time, I'll be the one to help you!
(The Precures transform.)
SHUT (confidently): Ha! Today is naught but the day you shall lose your Keys! Desporgs!
(Both Desporgs attack the Cures)

In the end, the Kirara desporg throws her boomerang tiara at Cure Twinkle, making her fall as it grazes her feet, and the same desporg gets ready to crush her original inspiration (Kirara as Cure Twinkle) under her foot.
As Cure Twinkle struggles not to get crushed by her dark version, Twilight eyes them from a ledge and chuckles:
TWILIGHT: He-he. It's fitting for you to be crushed by the despair born from your mother's dream.
CURE TWINKLE (struggling with the desporg's foot): You kidding? There's no way I'll lose!
TWILIGHT: (Silence, eyes wide open)
CURE TWINKLE: Because I saw it! I saw that mum's dream was to perform with me! I've always dreamt of being a model like mum! Of walking on the same runway as her! So I'm not biting the bullet here! I'll beat you guys in a cinch... And then, mum and I will make our dreams come true! (Her kick sends the Kirara Desporg flying through the air. The Kirara Desporg falls on the Stella Desporg, bringing both of them to the ground.)
SHUT (enraged): What?!

A strange yellow light begins to glow from the captive Stella's heart:
CURE TWINKLE: What?





From Stella's heart and Kirara's love springs a Miracle Dress-Up Key.

The new Key shoots out into Kirara's hand.
CURE TWINKLE: A new Dress-Up Key!
Kirara, as Cure Twinkle, with the Shooting Star Key.

SHUT (surprised): W-what?!

CURE TWINKLE: A Key of dreams that brings mum and I together!

TWILIGHT (commanding): Shut, steal that Key!
SHUT (bowing slightly): Right! Desporgs!
CURE TWINKLE: You won't get this Key! (she inserts it into her rod)
Cure Twinkle summons a rain of shooting stars upon the desporgs.

Twilight protects herself from Kirara's new attack Comet Humming 
with an über-cool shield of blue fire.

SHUT (scared): Princess Twilight, look out!
Twilight creates a whirling shield of blue fire to protect her from the shooting stars, leaving Shut to get hit by many of them and duck as he holds his hat.
My favourite scene in the whole episode:
The fire shield scene is definitely my favourite, for it appears to encapsulate the whole Shutlight relationship. As serious as always, Twilight doesn't let Shut into her fire shield and lets him receive most of the shooting stars. Even though Shut was the one who warned her.
Definitely: these two are a battle couple, yet his love is one-sided and unrequited.


 An unconscious Stella, purified by her daughter, before coming to.
"The show must go on, mum."


After both Desporgs are purified...
SHUT: Princess Twilight, are you unharmed?
TWILIGHT (coldly): I'm fine.
SHUT (determined): Then I shall strike again!
TWILIGHT (coldly): No.
SHUT (startled): Oh! 
TWILIGHT (coldly): Let us depart.
SHUT (bowing): Right.
(The teleporting keyhole appears, and both enter)

Definitely, Shut, you're still in her friendzone. Yet I love the fact that you act like a knight to his lady. Where have all such gentlemen gone on Earth?


Let's go back to the Amanogawas and their reconciliation...
and we find a mother and daughter embracing each other in their camerino.
STELLA: Good work, Kirara! You were great.
KIRARA: Thanks. I couldn't have done it without you. But what now? Your dream's already come true.
STELLA (surprised): Huh?
KIRARA: Your dream was to perform with me, right? (She winks an eye)
STELLA (surprised, blinking): Maybe, but I've got more. There's always the next dream to chase.
KIRARA: Huh? Which?
STELLA (confidently): For both of us to be top models!
KIRARA (smiling, excited): Okay, you're on! Just you wait, that'll come true in a flash!
(Stella chuckles. Kirara chuckles as well.)



Finally, Stella made up with her daughter. 
Time for shining together on the runway, after the misunderstanding has been cleared!


Stella posed with the Kaiser for a while during the runway... 
Yet my OTP for this series is still Shutlight!

You’ve been my superstar
But it’s not what you are 
You’ve been my superhero
Since I’ve lived in your shade 
Every step that I made
Brought me nothing but zero 

But I’m stayin’ alive
Now I’m changin’ my life
With a burning desire
No one knows who I am
But I don’t give a damn
Gonna set you on fire 

Shady Lady! 
I’m gonna strike like thunder!
Are you ready?
 I wanna make you wonder!
Rollin’ steady! 
I’m gonna make you shiver! 
My heart is burning now! 

Just take a look at me
Deep inside and you’ll see
All I kept under cover 
There is one thing I bet
You’re about to get
I’m still today your lover 

I’ve just turned one more page!
I belong to the stage!
Baby, don’t call me baby! 

Shady Lady!
 I’m gonna strike like thunder!
Are you ready?
 I wanna make you wonder!
Rollin’ steady! 
I’m gonna make you shiver! 
My heart is burning now!

I wanna light you up and leave you alone!
I am a brand new star that you’ve never known!
Shady Lady!
Are you ready?

Shady Lady! 
I’m gonna strike like thunder!
Are you ready?
 I wanna make you wonder!
Rollin’ steady! 
I’m gonna make you shiver! 
My heart is burning now!


Amanogawa Two-Generation Runway!!!
What a redoubtable way of making amends!!!
Now Kirara is sure that she has broken out of her mother's shadow.
Now Stella is sure that her daughter needs more freedom and a life of her own.
Amor vincit omnia! All's well that ends well!
The number of Keys now adds up to eight (nine, if we count Twilight's Black Key).
Four more to go!

My own opinion about this episode:
This was a fluffy, warm episode in which Stella Amanogawa appears a little nearer. 
And she is two-faced. There is a significant difference between the cheeky mum and the cool pro.
Just like her daughter, with whom she had a misunderstanding and a Desporg battle.
This engagement was highly symbolic, with Kirara having to fight the shadow of her mother and her own insecurities, embodied in the double desporg summon du jour. And the struggle not to be crushed by the embodiment of said insecurities, and the Miracle Key's appearance could not be more symbolic. The speech Kirara gave to Twilight was Winston Churchill level. Not kidding.
I mean, if I were Kirara and my mum were trying to distract me before the event of my lifetime, I would explode under all that pressure as well. I understand Kirara's situation, for I have been through similar ones.
And we have also been shown Kirara's fears: of failure and of negative criticism. These flaws assure us that she's human, and I'm glad she's got the resilience to carry on (Hitler, for instance, had his dreams shattered by the same fears, and what happened next?)
Like Minami, Kirara has got a great shadow of a relative to step out of. I saw the targeting of Stella coming and, in spite of my prayers to the Lord of Light, she fell victim...
Not one, but two Desporgs arose from her dream. So strong is her love for her daughter.
Nevertheless, amor vincit omnia, and all's well that ends well! Love how Kirara's feelings for Stella, like Minami's for Wataru but even deeper, released the Miracle Key that turned the tide and purified.
By the way, I was surprised when Stella phoned Noble Academy and introduced herself as "You-Know-Who", a nom de guerre that makes me shudder... (Volde...). And the fact that she knew Mrs. Shirogane from her youth (Stella studied at Noble Academy...) was no surprise (remember the episode with the mill and the rose garden?)
And when she took the girls out shopping to a working-class marketplace (not even Kirara expected it), revealing her humble beginnings.
We also got to see Ken, the missing male term of the Amanogawa equation (since he and his wife have got different surnames, they're definitely divorcés)... though Kirara prefers her mum, warts and all, in spite of their little argument and the epic battle, right in the feels, before their reconciliation.
This episode marked also the rise of Shut in the War for Twilight's Affection. Great news for a Shutlight shipper like me! I <3d when Shut and Twilight walked down the runway together!!! (Squee!!!) And also her quote...
AUDIENCE: She's like a princess!
TWILIGHT: Not "like." I am a real princess.
It's like Stannis correcting Davos with "Four fewer nails to clean." One of those quotes that stick.
The fire shield scene is definitely my favourite, for it appears to encapsulate the whole Shutlight relationship. As serious as always, Twilight doesn't let Shut into her fire shield and lets him receive most of the shooting stars. Even though Shut was the one who warned her.
Definitely: these two are a battle couple, yet his love is one-sided and unrequited.
My second favourite was their departure scene:
After both Desporgs are purified...
SHUT: Princess Twilight, are you unharmed?
TWILIGHT (coldly): I'm fine.
SHUT (determined): Then I shall strike again!
TWILIGHT (coldly): No.
SHUT (startled): Oh! 
TWILIGHT (coldly): Let us depart.
SHUT (bowing): Right.
(The teleporting keyhole appears, and both enter)
Definitely, Shut, you're still in her friendzone. Yet I love the fact that you act like a knight to his lady. Where have all such gentlemen gone on Earth?
I just hope Twilight doesn't turn to that bloody carrot-haired runt who calls himself Lock, or else...




IN NEXT EPISODE (18):
The Princess Cures will get to meet fairytale author/illustrator Yume Mochizuki when she is doing a book signing, after long years without stardom. The writer left the public eye for mysterious reasons shortly after the release of her "Princess of Flowers". Why could it ever be? Can it have to do with Yume having met the Hope Kingdom royal family in the past (We'll see Kanata's whole family and find out more about history and lore!!! What if any of my Kanata/usurpers headcanons is more confirmed?)???
In the meantime, Twilight will be on the war path... and Yume is more than likely to be the Dysdarks' eighth adult victim.
Twilight will also receive a new, more powerful Black Key, and a rod to insert it as well!! The trailer shows her performing a new blue fire attack with this rod...!!!









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario