domingo, 17 de mayo de 2015

MINAMI'S GREATEST TREASURE: WATARU KAIDO






During this episode, Minami Kaido and her friends took a break from Noble Academy and visited the Pacific island-based Ocean View Kaido Resort (which contains Kaido White Beach, Grand Hotel Kaido and the Kaido Aquarium), a resort complex owned and managed by the heir to the Kaido Group (a leading global industrial powerhouse): the smouldering hot, gentle, clever, cool older brother of our heroine:


Wataru Kaido: tall, dark, and stunning!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
His sister's hero, and her greatest treasure!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
<3 <3 <3 Gentle, clever, cool... <3 <3 <3

In his twenties, Wataru manages all of the Kaido resorts 
and serves as the president for ten whole companies,
including cruise lines, which he runs efficiently.
However, power has never gone to his head.

WATARU: I just do what I can.


As soon as they saw each other, the Kaidos embraced.
MINAMI: Brother!
MINAMI'S FRIENDS (blushing, looking lovesick): That young man is her...?


After Minami has shown her new friends the coral reef which she loves so much,
the Kaido siblings and their unusual pet Tina enjoying some quality time.

MINAMI: Tina! Long time no see!







When Tina was a bottlenose calf and Nami a human child who couldn't swim, 
the former saved the latter from drowning.
Minami learned to swim by Christina's side.

Every summer, Minami spends her holidays on the coastline owned by her family business,
which is the first land the Kaido group ever found its footing on.
The Kaido siblings were already adorable as children.
And Wataru was always there for Minami, when she needed it the most.


However, just like Gretel in the fairytale, it was her turn to save her brother this week!


WATARU: Let's all have a good time!

Who could ever say there were hardships around the corner?

All of the resort staff know the Kaido siblings, 
and they are grateful and respectful towards the young resort owner.
KIRARA: He's a company president, but still down-to-earth, so I can see why he's so popular.
MINAMI: My brother does more than just manage the companies our father left him.
He tries to treasure their people above all else. He always says it's people that make a company.
KIRARA: You're planning to join a Kaido Group company too, right?
MINAMI: Yes. I plan to manage and lead as a member of the Kaido family. To do that, I have to be the best I can be. I need to move people's hearts the way my brother can.

So Kaido Senior left Wataru some companies... Which arouses another headcanon:
are the Kaido siblings not only motherless, but completely orphans?
Could be, could be. Seeing how Wataru is such a good leader, with those people skills and that efficiency, this headcanon may not be wrong at all (until the series proves it otherwise).

Not far away, Twilight and her cronies were standing on a cliff...
The Key tingled in her right hand once more.
SHUT: Princess Twilight's Key desires despair.
LOCK (cheerful): It's been a snoozefest lately, so let's make it a game, 'kay? 
We'll see who can make a Desporg that pleases Princess Twilight first.
Only if you aren't chicken, 'kay?

Shut was not amused upon being addressed in that manner.
SHUT (annoyed): I'll do naught but accept!
LOCK: Sweet.
SHUT (at unison with Lock): There's naught but to use me!
LOCK (at unison with Shut): Use me, 'kay?
An indifferent Twilight did not reply, or say anything at all, as she watched, 
from the edge of the cliff, 
two young siblings sitting peacefully on a pier...

MINAMI: Did I really say that?
WATARU: Yeah, I could've sworn you did.
The second you learned to swim, you shouted that you'd be a dolphin!
MINAMI: Well, I recall you saying that you'd be an orca, a killer whale, when you grew up.
WATARU: Because killer whales are kings of the ocean. I meant that I wanted to become stronger.
I need to be as strong as the killer whales that swim across the world.
MINAMI: You've worked... hard, right?
WATARU: No job is a walk in the park. I get worn out at times, but I come here when that happens.
I've been around the world, but I like it here. Looking at the ocean from this pier soothes my soul.
That's why I always want to protect this coastline and this coral reef.
MINAMI: Yes, I feel the same.
WATARU: Besides, seeing the smile on my dear sister's face always cheers me up!
MINAMI (blushing and looking down, embarrassed): Goodness, we're not children...


As she watched both siblings, Twilight felt a twinge in her chest, like a heart condition.
And she wondered...
TWILIGHT: Why does my chest ache?
The image of Minami and Wataru was etched in her retina. A brother and sister holding hands, smiling.
Twilight clenched her Key in her right fist and commanded her underlings:
TWILIGHT: Shut! Lock!
LOCK (shoving Shut aside, striking him in the solar plexus, and running towards Twilight): Right!
SHUT: Ow!!!
(Lock takes Twilight's hand and waves a furious Shut goodbye. Shut throws a tantrum, screaming and kicking in a jealous rage.)
LOCK: Later, slowpoke!
SHUT (furious): You cheater!

This "twinge-in-chest" factor reminded me of Regina in Dokidoki, who suffered from the same pains whenever she was inclined to altruism.
Also, since she was stirred by sibling love, does this confirm the theory that Twilight and Kanata are also brother and sister?
Only very slightly.

On the pier, Wataru takes his leave of Minami.
WATARU: I've got a call, things to do, so I should get back. 
(Cheerfully, waving goodbye) Sorry, we'll talk later!
(He runs off away from the pier, leaving his sister alone with Tina.)
MINAMI: Sure!
TINA (whistles)
MINAMI: Don't worry, I'm still here.

As soon as Wataru had sauntered on land, he met a red-haired boy in a devil suit...
WATARU: Who are you?
LOCK: Show me your dream, 'kay?


"What kind of dreams can be found inside this young gentleman?"

"To bring people together, eh?
LOCK YOUR DREAM!"

Wataru Kaido: Locked, pale, and deeply unconscious.
Will he ever be free and live the life he dreams of?
LOCK (cheeky): Now let's get this game started!

MINAMI (enraged): You dare use my brother?


The Cures received a message from Prince Kanata, 
who told them that the seventh Dress-Up Key was near.

Oh! And Shut targeted a local fisherman, whose homemade octo-sashimi Wataru had tasted ere his dream was Locked.
SHUT: I may be fashionably late, but I've naught but to defeat you!

In the meantime, Lock was gaming on duty and neglecting his liege lady's orders.
What would Twilight say about such an inept guard?
Will Shut take the lead in the War for Twilight's Affection?
Well, what Lock is doing is watching the battle from his VideoNow,
a live retransmission, most likely from a camera incorporated into his Desporgs
(I didn't know Lock's device could also be used as a VideoNow!)

Twilight, cool and smug as usual, still Margaery Tyrells both of them.
TWILIGHT: What will you do, Princess Precures?


Two childhood friends, both of them intelligent mammals, gave it all to save the underwater
fauna of the coral reef. Tina led all her non-human friends towards safer waters, towards a cave.
Now Minami had to fight her brother's Locked dream underwater... 
Such a predicament, to have to confront a loved one to save his or her life!
Fortunately, she was in an underwater trench, with Wataru's orca Desporg swimming above.
Time for another of her great strategies...
CURE MERMAID: I won't let you get away with warping my brother's passion!

In the meantime, Shut's octo Desporg had trapped the other two Cures with a pair of tentacles.
TWILIGHT: Yes, give in to despair. 
Dreams are but bubbles that vanish into the ether.

Cure Mermaid used the underwater rocks and the trench to her advantage, tricking Desporg!Wataru to follow her towards the rocks and quickly getting away from in between the rock and the Desporg in the last second. This maneuver is called a feint (like the Wronski Feint in quidditch, which, in fact, is the same concept).


In the end, Tina even took a bubble shot from Desporg!Wataru (as if she were taking a bullet) 
for a pinned-down Cure Mermaid, who was astonished by her sacrifice, the bottlenose being severely injured.
CURE MERMAID: Tina! Hold on, Tina!
Then, a violent current swept the Cure and her pet away.

When Minami came to, she was a child once more, 
riding on Tina's back in the ocean surface against a cloudless blue sky.
Remembering the day she was saved from drowning.
TINA: (whistle)
MINAMI: Did you save me?
TINA: (cheerful whistle)
MINAMI: Ah! Thank you!
MINAMI: Hey, what's your name?
TINA: (whistle)
MINAMI: Maybe... Tina?
TINA: (whistles and nods)
MINAMI: Tina, nice to meet you! (smiles and embraces Tina)
Then, she awoke once more underwater, in her Cure form, 
encouraging her injured non-human friend:
CURE MERMAID: Tina! Are you okay? Hang on! You saved me once again?
And yet I couldn't... Tina! No, don't close your eyes!



Then, suddenly, an exceedingly bright pillar blue light appeared in the deep, dark trench below, surprising Cure Mermaid, irradiating far above the surface and into the sky, even surprising Twilight...
TWILIGHT: What is this light?

An iridescent bubble had formed around Cure Mermaid and Tina, to shield them from the Desporg.
The cetacean was healed, to the Cure's elation, and a new Dress-Up Key appeared in the heroine's left hand.

CURE MERMAID: For all of you living in this ocean, and for my brother's love of it, I'll defeat anyone who threatens you!
Thus, she kicked Desporg!Wataru up far above the surface.

TWILIGHT: What is that power?


Guess what the bright blue pillar of light was?

CURE MERMAID: You dared to use my brother's love to ruin the oceans' beauty! 
Neither the Key nor I will let you get away!
TWILIGHT: A new Dress-Up Key... I cannot leave it in your possession! (She fires blue flames at Minami, who evades them with another feint).
TWILIGHT: Lock, procure that Key.
LOCK: 'Kay! Get goin' Desporg, 'kay?


CURE MERMAID: You won't take my Key, but you will take this!

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

Precure Bubble Ripple!

Both Desporgs were purified, and the other two Princess Cures were set free.


(Insert picture of Minami inserting her Miracle Dress-Up Key into Wataru's despair prison padlock)

Twilight began to see Minami as a worthy opponent...

TWILIGHT: I had assumed she, like Cure Flora, was a false princess unworthy of the slightest attention... but I'll remember your name, Cure Mermaid. (She departs in the company of Shut and Lock.)

Carefully laying Wataru's unconscious form on the sand, his younger sister watched him.
MINAMI: Brother... thank goodness you're safe.

At sunset, two preschool children, a boy and a girl, ran up to the resort owner on the beach.
PRESCHOOL BOY: Hey, Wataru!
PRESCHOOL GIRL: Let's play together!
WATARU (embracing them): Sure, I'll play along! 
(The children's parents, local fisherfolk, laugh in happiness.)




By the way, to tally the adult victims: 1+2+1+2=6
Wataru Kaido is the fifth adult victim.

And the number of Dress-Up Keys, excluding Twilight's, has risen from six to seven.

So far, we have met Wataru Kaido and been exceedingly pleased with his personality. Like Gustavus Adolphus crossed over with Oberyn Nymeros Martell!!! I wonder how he would do on the Iron Throne. For how long would his reign in Westeros last, and how would it end?
We see how much Minami loves her older brother, who casts an impressive shadow over her life and those of everyone else he has ever known. And how eager she is to step out of that shadow, and how much she admires Wataru.
No wonder that Twilight herself now sees Minami as a worthy opponent!
Among the Dysdarks, the War for Twilight's Affection is still serious business, with Lock in the leading position and Shut, pwned once more by his rival, possessed by the green-eyed monster. Hope Shut gets the lead once more!

There's also Twilight's heart-condition-like chest pain, which made itself present as she watched Minami and Wataru pleased with each other.
This "twinge-in-chest" factor reminded me of Regina in Dokidoki, who suffered from the same pains whenever she was inclined to altruism.
Also, since she was stirred by sibling love, does this confirm the theory that Twilight and Kanata are also brother and sister?
Only very slightly.






In the next episode, Stella Amanogawa will make an appearance to share some quality time with her (only?) daughter and Kirara's best friends. And also to share stage in the media with her girl.
We'll get to see where Kirara got her good looks and her cool badassery from!
Both the Amanogawas, mother and daughter, will share center stage in the same runway. 
The runway of their dreams!
However, the bond between both of them has grown a bit distant. 
Stella still treats Kirara like a child and is constantly concerned.
 Kirara wants more independence and less embarrassment, 
seeing those tokens of affection as childish and ridiculous mum issues.
(To be honest, my own mum and I share the same dynamic, 
so it's going to be a thrilling episode for both Kirara and me.)


Hottest and coolest Precure mum since Mrs. Yotsuba, whom Stella obviously trumps.


My sole concern is that, like Wataru Kaido, 
another cool and good-looking Cure relative may be targeted by the Dysdark.
And, given the feud between Shut and Lock, perchance two media stars,
a mother and a kaiser, will be deprived of their dreams and consciousness...


Kirara's predicament, her mother being the targeted one, will be far more difficult than Minami's.

Will Stella's daughter be able to save her from the clutches of the Dysdarks? Will all of their common  badassery and mother-daughter love be stronger than a Despair Prison? And will the wonderful power of mother-daughter love uncover a new Miracle Dress-Up Key?

And will Twilight's heart ache once more, considering that her relationship with her own mother is far more distant and colder?

Oh R'hllor! Lord of Light! Spare Karl Lagerfeld and Stella Amanogawa from
the relentless clutches of Princess Twilight!
For thine is the light, and the fire, and the heat!
Amen...





What's even more (curious?), here are some surprises in store for the fanbase for episodes to come:

Episode 18) Yume Mochizuki, a fairytale author/illustrator, is revealed to have met the Hope Kingdom royal family in the past (We'll see Kanata's whole family and find out more about history and lore!!! What if any of my Kanata/usurpers headcanons is more confirmed?)
Episode 19) Seira Higashi, my favourite member of the Student Council, organizes a treasure hunt in the Noble Academy Dorms. We are most likely to see her dream getting Shut or Locked. What is Seira's dream? And how will it be overcome?
Ep 20) Twilight, assuming a probably Asian name and the Noble Academy uniform (and most surely concealing her Targaryenesque albinism) transfers to the boarding school. How will she fit in? Will she have the same issues as my favourite DMG Cures, Ellen Kurokawa and Regina? And what will Shut and Lock do? The Cures will also visit the Hope Kingdom... Are you excited, my fellow fans?
Ep 21) Noble Academy takes part in the Yumegahama Music Festival. I hope that they perform an opera, or musical, or ballet... something with costumes and acting!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario