jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2020

CANTRIPS & CONTRAPTIONS X - THE SIDHE FIOR-RIGH

Sidhe Variation

The Sidhe vary the Saining, making it a secret ritual attended only by members of of the noble house that has sponsored the fledge. On top of this ceremony the Sidhe undergoes the Fior-Righ, an ordeal which tests their physical, mental, and social abilities. The results of the ordeal determine his or her rank and to which noble house they belong

In the common parlance of the Kithain, the Fior-Righ is the final challenge of a noble fae's Saining -or coming of age ritual. This final challenge includes tests of physical, mental, and social prowess, with greater weight going to different tests depending on the noble house. While the sidhe of House Gwydion may put greater weight on combat and lie-detecting, House Eiluned may focus more on sorcerous ability and riddle solving, for example.

The Fior-Righ is undergone by Enjolras as a Liam or as a Varich? Most surely twice - and drugged when adopted by the Varich. There are not many details on Fior-Righ of House Liam or of House Varich either...

Fostering

Fosterage is a sore subject with House Liam. There are far too many well-meaning nobles who, if a fosterling proves to be of House Liam during their Saining, will attempt to steal the child away to an entirely different house "for their own good." - THAT WAS THE CASE WITH ENJ - This practice eats away at the very heart of House Liam, and none of the other houses are willing to speak against it. However, there is nothing quite so pleasant as watching some snobbish member of House Gwydion (or Varich in Enjolras' case) realize that the oh-so-promising childling they have been watching with glee is bound to the exiles of House Liam.


The oath of adoption for House Varich - Enj was drugged so he could swear the oath unwittingly:

One pattern I started, now I end it to begin anew in the name of Varich, founder of the house I take as my own. May any words be heard as truth and lived as truth and my actions follow the only truth within my words forever in the name of my new house. May I never let a challenge go unanswered. May I never give a vow of true love to another. In the name of our father, the moon, and our mother, the sun, may I give honor to House Varich, adopted house, and serve it with my mind, my heart and my faith. If I forswear my oath, may the sun and moon look upon me with disfavor, may all hands of my adopted house rise against me and may the pattern of my beating heart fall to stillness forever.

Any Changeling to ally themselves with House Varich swear this oath in the presence of members of the Varich freehold willing to adopt them. The swearer recites the pledge twice – once at noon, when the sun reaches its zenith, and once at night, under the light of the moon. Because both sun and moon must witness this oath, no one may administer the Oath of Adoption on overcast days or during nights where there is no moon.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario