miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

DESDEMONA'S SORROWS

Today it's the 25th of November:
INTERNATIONAL GENDER VIOLENCE DAY
So I have written this little Othello poem to raise awareness:

DESDEMONA'S SORROWS
Once I was a flower, a pearl, a princess, a star,
and you were my sword, my shield,
the steady pillar that kept me to its embrace.
Now your heart seems frozen, poisoned, ablaze,
painful dark purple kisses stolen with rage
now brand my lily-petal skin...
I don't know what hurts more, if your fists or your feet
or your words, so cold and yet so irate...
is it the effect of war?
tears sear my strangely pale face, while my heart throbs to break free
from this hell of a life I am living...
I swear he is no more to me,
I love him like a good friend, or rather like the brother I never had.
And thus, it was my turn to speak for his sake,
but his kisses have always been warm, never as fiery as yours.
Is this my punishment for marrying a warrior?
And...
will all three of us make it through this darkest night
into the hopeful light?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario