viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2015

BE PREPARED: MY OWN TRANSLATION

This is my translation from the Swedish of Be Prepared. It's inspired by the Swedish version Var Beredd, sung by Rikard Wolff as Scar, which is pretty abstract, so it can also apply to humans. So it's the version I have used as base for all of my Be Prepared filks (and these filks of mine are legion, by the way).

BE PREPARED... 

LEADER: I know that all your apprehension
can't the slightest concept understand.
Though you're obnoxious, pay attention!
I will share something I now have planned.
It's clear you don't have the experience,
of how this is done not a clue...
A royal entrée, with my clearance...
And quite soon we'll be through with our coup!

So prepare for the chance of our lifetime!
So prepare for sensational rise!
A future of glory...
This is no mere story...

HENCHWOMAN: And where do we fit in?

LEADER: Soon, you'll be admitting
great prizes, awarded.
I'll have you rewarded,
at least a little more than you were!
When our influence to the skies has flared...
Be prepared!

HENCHMAN: So be prepared... But prepared for what?
LEADER: For the death of the King!
HENCHMAN: And why? Is he ill?
LEADER: Oh yes, soon he will be dead, and his little lad too...
HENCHMAN, HENCHWOMAN: Great idea! Who needs a king?
No liege lord, no liege lord, na-na-na-na-naaaa-na!
LEADER: Idiots! There will be a king...
HENCHMAN: But you said...
LEADER: I will be next in line!
Follow me, and you will never starve again!
ARMY OF EVIL: Great idea! Come on! 

LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING!
ARMY OF EVIL: Come one, come all, soon, we're united,
with a new reign that calls for a feast!
LEADER: So what? Quid pro quo, you're expected
to take duties at which you fail least.
The first prize is right for the taking,
if you my instructions obey...
For without my wit's undertaking,
all of you would be lost and astray!
So prepare for the coup of the century,
be prepared for the end of the game!
Such a careful planning,
such great actors spanning...
Our ruler's a zero,
and never a hero!
This will soon be over,
the tables turned over,
the right ruler shall soon be revered!
I stand highest, all else must be cleared!
Be prepared!
OFFICERS: I stand highest, all else must be cleared!
Be prepared!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario