jueves, 13 de mayo de 2021

THE DOLL YOU LOST / LA MUÑECA QUE PERDISTE

 The Doll You Lost

I once had a sweet little doll, dears,
⁠The prettiest doll in the world;
Her cheeks were so red and so white, dears,
⁠And her hair was so charmingly curled.
​But I lost my poor little doll, dears,
⁠As I played in the heath one day;
And I cried for her more than a week, dears,
⁠But I never could find where she lay.
I found my poor little doll, dears,
⁠As I played in the heath one day:
Folk say she is terribly changed, dears,
⁠For her paint is all washed away,
And her arm trodden off by the cows, dears,
⁠And her hair not the least bit curled:
Yet, for old sakes' sake she is still, dears,
⁠The prettiest doll in the world.
Poem by Charles Kingsley (The Water Babies, Chapter 5)


My own translation:

LA MUÑECA QUE PERDISTE
Tuve una dulce muñequita,
tan bella que no hay otra igual.
Sus mejillas tan sonrosadas,
y sus rizos rubios cual trigal.
Mas perdí a mi pobre muñequita
jugando yo en el brezal.
La lloré por más de una semana,
mas nunca la pude reencontrar.
Encontré a mi pobre muñequita
jugando yo en el brezal.
Dicen que sufrió cambios terribles,
pues su rostro se fue a despintar.
Y las vacas le han partido un brazo,
y no tiene rizos cual trigal.
Aún así, por nostalgia ella sigue
tan bella que no hay otra igual.
Sandra Dermark

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario