viernes, 2 de abril de 2021

BEAUTY AND THE... WALRUS?

"Papa, are you leaving on another of your business trips?" "Of course my girl" "Can you bring me a rose, please?" With this exchange and scenario begins a classic tale existing in all folklores. But this Victorian version set in Tudor times by Eleanor Vere Boyle amused me by the sheer whimsy of what species inspired the Beast du jour!


"Papa, are you leaving on another of your business trips?"

"Of course my girl"

"Can you bring me a rose, please?"

With this exchange and scenario begins a classic tale existing in all folklores. But this Victorian version set in Tudor times by Eleanor Vere Boyle amused me by the sheer whimsy of what species inspired the Beast du jour! I find this walrus unintentionally hilarious...


I AM THE WALRUS AND I AM GOING TO HOLD YOU PUNY MORTAL HOSTAGE!!

How could a beauty like you ever love a walrus like me?

Oh, my poor lovely walrus...

How wonderful is the power of love - but seriously, do you prefer this old-new Romeo look or the walrus you knew?






 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario