martes, 8 de septiembre de 2026

WIND OF CHANGE OVER CASTELLÓN

 WIND OF CHANGE OVER CASTELLÓN

A filk by Sandra Dermark

08 / 09 / MMXXVI

************

(Whistling introduction)

I follow up Colón

up to Ribalta Park,

listening to the wind

of change...

I've come to feed the ducks,

I've bought a Kaiser bread,

the terrapins and carp

eat some, too...

************

Take me

to the warmer time of childhood

on an autumn day

with a Kinder egg containing

a Frosty Frog

for my collection...

**************+

I pick a crimson rose

and tuck it on my ear,

I wear my blue jean shorts

and gingham top...

I come to Corte Inglés

to buy a Tarot deck,

up escalators to

the bookshop...

***************

Take me

to the magic of the moment

on a springtime day

when the ducks' eggs in Ribalta

recently hatched,

just you and me...

******************

Walking down the street

and distant memories

resurface as I take

the tram home...

I follow down Colón

down to Ribalta Park,

listening to the wind

of change...

*******************

Take me

to a simple time in childhood

when I didn't know

that there was a place called Hogwarts

or that I was

a Ravenclaw...

********************

The wind of change blows straight

and through the doors of time...

like a storm, now like a breeze,

a freedom bell...

Let the voice of childhood sing

what my future wants to say,

say...

*****************

Take me

to the time I went to high school

up in Bovalar,

where I was the high school outcast,

yet so proud

to be myself...

Take me

to my uni graduation,

with a toga on,

when all my friends and my parents

feel the wind,

the wind of change...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario