domingo, 30 de enero de 2022

ON THE SNOW QUEEN FOURTH STORY WITH A FAIRYTALE AUTHOR

SANDRA DERMARK: My favourite part of the tale got only a tiny line (in Cassandra Solon Parry's micro-retelling): "to the castle of dreams," Guess who are my favourite characters? (Hint: they're human).

CASSANDRA SOLON PARRY: Ah, your favourite characters must be the little Prince and Princess in the castle. My favourite section in the tale is the night in the robber's den, and the little robber girl and her mother, but I have to make some ruthless decisions to make the tales so short. Thank you very much for reading and commenting, Sandra. Apologies for the delay in reply. It is because I am living (and writing when I can) with chronic illness so everything is slower. This is also the reason that I am putting the little energy I have into tiny tales! I am glad you have enjoyed them. 

SANDRA:  You got it right!!! I love the Prince and Princess in The Snow Queen, and they're my favourite Snow Queen characters, because they're both so intelligent and well-read and they contrived to find one another as intellectual equals and kindred spirits. I LOVE to read and know many languages and cultures myself, and I have been an ivory tower kind of nerd. So it has never been hard for me to see these characters' subplot as a wish fulfillment!

CASSANDRA: that is a beautiful reason to love them. Such good aspirations 

🧡 May we all find that kind of connection and friendship 🙂

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario