sábado, 16 de enero de 2021

LANNISTER - THE STRINGS OF POWER (Die Fäden in der Hand)


THE STRINGS OF POWER

(Die Fäden in der Hand)

FROM Lannister: A Westerosi Musical


TYWIN:

Here in King's Landing life is lively, bright, and grand;

see, the wealth of the realm

makes the Seven bless this land...

Our golden future puts King's Landing up in light;

preserving the status quo

is our duty and our right... 

So please think of this as the occasion

for a little more subordination...


Look at these gentlemen,

how devoted they're to me!

Yes they're always at my service,

I decide, they think they're free...

Even though lots of rage

and resentment overflow,

I hold the strings of power in my hand!!


RHAEGAR:

Great unrest still haunts our hinterlands for sure,

they are restless, defiant...

TYWIN:

Ah, but oh so immature!

RHAEGAR:

With quick action of these threats we'll soon be free,

TYWIN:

all remains as it is...

AERYS:

...and so will it ever be...

We can't see the future that lies ahead,

CHORUS OF COURTIERS:

therefore we must follow His Lordship's plans instead!


TYWIN:

Should they boldly protest

and demand that they be free,

I just snap my fingers once, and...

AERYS:

...all their hearts belong to me!

TYWIN:

Should they wildly protest,

all that fussing makes me cold!

I hold the strings of power in my hand!!


If I lift a fingertip, a favour is bestowed;

just a flick of the wrist, and another favour's owed...

Lean but slightly left to make the commoners elated;

then flip right, et voilà! Lordships feel intoxicated...

Make or break a promise, I don't care!

The one hanging on the line is left with nothing!


Let them shout, let them roar,

let them pounce to right and left,

when I wish them to be silent,

they're as if of life bereft!

Is our course clear at last?

Violence makes everyone bend,

I hold the strings of power in my hand...


'Tis an ancient noble art

to preserve one's influence

with a mind for consequence;

ne'er outdated...

One is never planless having power in their thrall,

nor thoughtlessly let them all

just be strangulated...


Who holds power every hour 

in hands thoughtful and discrete 

can pull anybody's strings just

as they please, control complete...

Rationality's key

in this art old as the land,

I hold the strings of power in my hand!


CHORUS OF COURTIERS:

Come and sing, come and dance

as this courtly life demands!

If he says we should be laughing,

we are cheerful and we're grand!

Merrily we await,

we will do whate'er he tells...

He holds the strings of power in his hand!!


He is bright, he is strong,

he's always been a righteous man...

TYWIN: 

Always been a righteous man...

CHORUS OF COURTIERS:

With charisma binds the people,

we're under his spell, he can...

What he says is the law,

he's seducer of the world,

he holds the strings of power in his hand!!

He holds the reins of power in his hand!!

He holds dominion in his hand!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario