viernes, 8 de diciembre de 2023

ART HISTORY ADVENT CALENDAR - DAY 8

 Week of Love  

8th of December - Othello and Desdemona


"No way but this;

killing myself, to die upon a kiss."

You were the only one who loved me for me;

seeing the man instead of the war hero or the freak.

And I loved you with all my heart back,

so much that I feared losing you,

like I lost so many friends on the battlefield.

When it seemed I had lost you, I thought of your death

as a way of sparing others the heartbreak I felt.

It was like the whole cosmos fell apart,

and only getting rid of you would set things right.

I have just realised you were innocent,

always pure and true,

and I would live in infamy, fallen from grace,

for having taken away such a pristine life.

No way but this;

killing myself, to die upon a kiss.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario