jueves, 14 de diciembre de 2023

ART HISTORY ADVENT CALENDAR - DAY 14

 Week of Power

14th of December - Thor


Always in battle against the powers of darkness:
trolls, jötnar, werewolves, iron witches...
My billy goats, Gnasher and Grinder,
carry my sleigh or chariot at breakneck speed.
And my hammer Mjölnir, gift of Loki,
after striking the enemy dead,
always returns to my right hand
like a boomerang.
Yet there is a worthy opponent for me:
the Midgard Serpent, 
that encompasses Earth's all oceans.
I have already fought the Serpent twice:
first I tried to lift it as a tabby cat,
then it got my fish hook in its throat.
The third time will be at Ragnarök,
the end of times.
Then my Mjölnir will sure crack its skull.
But not without the Serpent's fangs piercing my chest,
filling my bloodstream with lethal venom.
I guess, since both of us die,
you can call it a draw.
I am not afraid of my destiny.
My wife Siv has had three lovely, strong children:
Modi, Trude, and Magni,
all three the heirs to the hammer Mjölnir
and to the war on darkness on the new Earth.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario