So, quick gist on what has happened so far, to be reckoned with:
- Dark Tide will, most probably, never be released in Spain (again, yet another lamentable case of No Export for You), but it has already come out in Germany and Denmark. I must definitely get it this summer! #LongLiveAstridKolfinnsdottir!
- The Travesty of Othello "Foorth" Centennial Edition is still on hiatus, and will probably be finished this summer. Its new highlights will include scenes with Cassio's girlfriend Bianca, a tsundere barmaid, as well as a happy ending epilogue featuring them both. And even more of me breaking the fourth wall!
- The Winds of Winter is still being written. Yes, while we did not get 'nough Astrid depth in Spain due to the lack of bread earned by Planeta, the sixth Westeros novel is being written at the speed of a constipated Galápagos tortoise. At least Rowling managed to finish her Potterverse saga!!
- "Heavens to Murgatroyd!", the title of this post, is a reference to a classic animated character, a pink puma called Melquíades in Spanish and Snagglepuss in English. A thespian puma, kind of the Ravenclaw version of the Pink Panther, or the Pink Panther mashed up with Judy Funnie. Other famous quotes from this character are "Heavens to Betsy!" and "Exit, stage left!"
- Upcoming review of The Danish Girl/Den danske pige!!! The story of the first M2F trans person in world history...
- I just luv beef wellington, especially the kind served in the Agora restaurant of Jaime I University. I discovered it with María Calzada... sirloin wrapped in puff pastry, mushroooms, mmmmm...
- Trying to teach María some basic Swedish, using the song Fader Abraham: hand (hand), fot (foot) [easy ones], vänster (left), höger (right) [these two were far trickier]. María can only understand "hand" and "fot" (for cognates).
- Giorgio Gaber/left and right: speaking of left and right, singer/songwriter Gaber has some lyrics on Italian ideological stereotypes: for instance, that bathing in a tub is rightish and having a shower is leftish (fare il bagno nella vasca è di destra, fare la doccia invece è di sinistra)... Funny, to a certain extent. Stereotypes will, after all, always be stereotypes...
- Tachycardia: The moral of the story is that you should never down two cans of Monster and two Swedish-style strong coffees at one fell swoop. It made my heart go pitter-patter and made me feel exhausted for a whole fricking day!