viernes, 20 de julio de 2018

FAVOURITE QUOTES FROM LITERATURE

On reading:
"A reader lives a thousand lives before dying. The one who has never read lives only one."
Jojen Reed
"I have no steel weapons, but I have my mind. My mind is my weapon... and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."
Tyrion Lannister

On writing:
"All that is great and good proceeds from fear: writing, from fear of oblivion."
The Heir of the Blood Royal to the Tyrant of Samos and Icaria

On waiting:
"Pleasure and action make the hours seem short."
Iago - William Shakespeare

On phobias:
"A phobia is a silliness you can’t control and it is a very frightening thing to have."
Eva Ibbotson

On casuality:
"No life can escape being blown about by the winds of change and chance."
Jethro (High Priest of Midian)

On first impressions:
“I don't know if you've ever noticed this, but first impressions are often entirely wrong.” 
Lemony Snicket

On how to commence a story:
"All right, let us begin; and when we have reached the end of our story, we shall know so much more than we already know!"
H.C. Andersen

On altered states:
"The best of life is but intoxication."
Lord Byron

On coffee:
"Is coffee a poison? I doubt it, for I've been drinking fifty cups a day for decades and I'm not dead yet!"
Voltaire (François-Marie Arouet le jeune)
"Coffee helps those who sleep a little and dream a lot."
Anonymous

On candles:
"A candle, a book, and a peaceful person mean three candles for the world."
Anonymous
"There are two ways of spreading light: be either a candle or a mirror that reflects it."
Anonymous








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario