martes, 22 de mayo de 2018

I HAD A MAIDEN ONCE UPON A TIME...

I HAD A MAIDEN ONCE UPON A TIME...
A Style Exercise by Sandra Dermark
(Beatles Lyrics in Iambic Pentameter)
May MMXVIII

I had a maiden once upon a time...
Or should I say that I was hers instead?
She showed me once her bedchamber and asked
me if I thought her Nordic wood was good...

She told me to sit anywhere I'd wish,
though I found no chair there as I looked round.

On the soft carpet, I quaffed her Merlot,
biding my time as I sat down to drink.
We talked until the clock struck two at night,
and then, she said: "'Tis time to go to bed."

She told me, laughing, she worked in the morn;
I did not, quoth I; slept in the bathtub.

When I awoke, I was all on my own;
this avian has flown for clearer skies.
And thus, I lit a fire for warmth and asked
myself if I thought Nordic wood was good...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario